Video Tutorial

Video not available.


    Consumer Matters

    Often, once we purchase some products or services from someone for our personal use and after some time such products come under the defects or services comes under the deficiencies and therefore the Seller of such Products or Services doesn't want to vary or repair them, then we've only the choice to file a complaint to consumer forum for the relief against the Suppliers. In India, there are three fora at the district, state, and central level which are called consumer redressal forums and work for consumers.

    Who is a Consumer?

    A Consumer may be a one that purchases a product or avails a service for a consideration, either his personal use or to earn his livelihood employing self-employment.

    The consideration may be:



    Partly paid and partly promised.

    It also includes a beneficiary of such goods/services when such use is formed with the approval of such a person.

    Who isn't a Consumer?

    A person isn't a consumer if he/she:

    Use services and goods freed from cost;

    Use of services or goods for a billboard purpose;

    avails any service under a contract of service


    What are Goods?

    Goods” means any sort of movable property apart from actionable claims and money, and includes stock and shares, growing crops, grass, and things attached to or forming a neighborhood of the land, which are agreed to be severed before sale or under the contract of the sale.

    What is a Defect?

    Defect” means any fault, imperfection or shortcoming within the quality, quantity, potency, purity or standard which is required to be maintained by or under any law for nonce effective or under any contract, express or implied, or as is claimed by the trader in any manner whatsoever about any goods

    Who can file a Complaint?

    Any consumer;

    Any voluntary consumer association;

    Central Government or any State Government;

    One or more users with the same type of interset.

    If consumer dead during proceeding then his legal relatives are representative


    Where to File a Complaint?

    As per the buyer Protection Act, 1986 a complaint is often filed in:

    District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum (DCDRF): If the worth of the claim is up to ` 20 lakh

    State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (SCDRC): If the worth of the claim exceeds ` 20 lakhs but is within ` one crore.

    National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) If the worth of the claim exceeds ` one crore.


    How the VAKIL KARO can assistance with the cheque bouncing matters?

    Our jurist will guide you to beat the difficulties and proceed to form a great solution. Please be happy to contact us